We saw plenty of great phones in the first half of the year, such as the Samsung Galaxy S21 series, Xiaomi’s Mi 11 range, and the OnePlus 9 family. But there are loads more devices expected in the second half of 2021, ranging from traditional flagships to more eclectic phones.
So which phones are Android Authority readers looking forward to in the second half of the year, then? That’s exactly what we asked in a poll last week. Here’s how you voted.
Which phone are you looking forward to most in H2 2021?
We published the poll on June 29 and gave readers 16 choices. But one phone range emerged as the most popular pick by far, with almost 38% of readers choosing the Pixel 6 series. More specifically, comments point to readers being curious about the camera experience, especially now that camera architect Marc Levoy has left the company. It doesn’t hurt that the first Pixel 6 series renders suggest Google is offering a radically different design and triple cameras on the XL model.
There’s a massive gap to second place, with the Galaxy S21 FE accruing 10.2% of the vote. The Galaxy S20 FE made a splash thanks to its cheaper price (while still retaining core flagship features), so it stands to reason that consumer interest will be high for a sequel. But we’ve seen loads of rumors regarding the new phone, suggesting either a delay, a limited release, or a switch to Exynos power for some models.
More Samsung coverage: The evolution of Samsung software — TouchWiz to Samsung Experience to One UI
The Google Pixel 5a followed closely behind the S21 FE, accounting for 9.3% of votes and grabbing third place in our poll. And Apple’s iPhone 13 series was just behind Google’s budget phone in turn, grabbing 8.7% of votes.
It’s also interesting to note that foldables didn’t do well in this poll, with the rumored Vivo foldable bringing up the rear and only accounting for 0.4% of votes. The Galaxy Z Flip 3 (1.8%), Pixel Fold (2.5%), Surface Duo 2 (3.8%), and Galaxy Z Fold 3 (5.9%) didn’t break into the upper echelons either.
We also saw 110 votes for “other,” translating into 6.7% of respondents. Comments point to phones like the Galaxy Note 21 (although it’s canceled this year), Galaxy XCover 5, new high-end Motorola devices, and a phone from Nothing.
- George Callipolitis: @nothing phone
- Jim Duarte: I still WANT my Galaxy Note 21 Ultra, whether they want to make it or not!!! :-)
- Albin: Another one for Pixel 6, to see what the first post-Levoy camera is like. If it’s good, might well be in the market for Pixel 7 or some other future phone to install a GCam on. I’d like for Moto to offer a Mod-compatible Z5, but no breath held.
- Michael Tillman: Pixel 6 for sure but also the Motorola Edge 2021 or whatever they will call it.
- JK: Samsung Galaxy XCover 5
- Pixel 6 for the camera, anything else is just a spec bump I stopped almost caring about. Maybe Pixel Fold, BUT not because it’s interesting, but it would mean Google would have to finally add more features to the core of the Android – even more robust resolution scaling, maybe even changing the resolution without needing to “reload”, more flexible multitasking … but those are features only people with foldables or Android desktops would benefit.
That’s it for our latest poll result article. Are there any other phones you’re looking forward to in the second half of the year? Let us know below.
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.