iOS 15 introduces a number of new features to the iPhone experience, with headline features like Focus and Notification Summary quieting the constant stream of notifications, while FaceTime has had an upgrade to make it compete better against the likes of Zoom.
Of course, it’s not always about the big features, and one of the smaller new additions is the expansion of the drag and drop functionality on iPhone, allowing you to drag and drop files, images and screenshots from app to app.
Here’s how to use the new drag-and-drop functionality on iPhone in iOS 15.
How to drag-and-drop screenshots in iOS 15
Dragging and dropping screenshots in iOS 15 works in a similar way to the drag-and-drop functionality on iPad. If you’ve got iOS 15, here’s how to do it:
- Take a screenshot on your iPhone by pressing the Side button and Volume Up button at the same time. Older iPhone users should press the Power Button and the Home button to take a screenshot.
- A screenshot thumbnail should appear in the bottom-left – tap and hold it until the frame disappears and the thumbnail begins to follow your finger.
- Using another finger, tap the app you want to save the screenshot to. This could be Photos, Files, Messages, Mail, Notes or a third-party app, although compatibility at this pre-release state is unlikely universal.
- Within the app, navigate to where you want to save your screenshot. In the Photos app, this could be a specific album within the Albums tab.
- Once you’ve navigated to where you want to save the screenshot, simply let go with your finger. You’ll ‘drop’ the screenshot into place, where it should be automatically saved.
It’s worth noting that even if you drag-and-drop a screenshot to an app like Files, it’ll still automatically get saved to your camera roll just like every other screenshot you take on an iPhone.
That’s because the new drag-and-drop feature duplicates the screenshot rather than moving the original, but despite this, it’s still a helpful feature for screenshot sharing and organisation.
For more, take a look at our top iOS 15 tips and tricks.
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.