C-USA foes hit the field when the UAB Blazers (1-1, 0-0 C-USA) meet the North Texas Mean Green (1-1, 0-0 C-USA) at Apogee Stadium in Denton, Texas. The Mean Green (moneyline odds to win) take to their home field on September 18, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on STAD against the Blazers ( ). The contest’s over/under is currently listed at .
In this article we break down everything you need before making a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats, plus updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
UAB Vs. North Texas Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
UAB Offense Vs. North Texas Defense
|Blazers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mean Green Defense|
|19.0 (111)||Points/Gm||24.5 (80)|
|341.5 (90)||Yards/Gm||478.0 (118)|
|209.0 (77)||Pass Yards/Gm||234.5 (89)|
|132.5 (90)||Rush Yards/Gm||243.5 (124)|
|10.5 (10)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (98)|
|3.7 (89)||Yards/Rush||6.2 (126)|
|20.0% (127)||3rd Down %||48.1% (109)|
|5 (121)||Turnovers||6 (1)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||4 (19)|
North Texas Offense Vs. UAB Defense
|North Texas Offense||Stats (Rank)||UAB Defense|
|28.0 (79)||Points/Gm||28.0 (91)|
|516.5 (19)||Yards/Gm||346.5 (71)|
|283.0 (32)||Pass Yards/Gm||232.0 (88)|
|233.5 (24)||Rush Yards/Gm||114.5 (55)|
|7.0 (77)||Yards/Pass||8.3 (106)|
|5.1 (38)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (79)|
|37.5% (76)||3rd Down %||33.3% (51)|
|4 (106)||Turnovers||1 (86)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||0 (113)|
When UAB Has The Ball
- The Blazers have committed the seventh-most turnovers in college football (5), and are facing the top-ranked Mean Green defense which has forced six.
- UAB averages 10.5 yards per pass attempt (10th in the FBS), and North Texas allows 7.9 per pass (98th in college football).
- The Blazers average 3.7 yards per rushing attempt (89th in the FBS), and the Mean Green allow 6.2 per carry (126th in college football).
- UAB’s running game ranks 90th in the FBS (132.5 yards per game). North Texas gives up 243.5 rushing yards per game (124th).
When North Texas Has The Ball
- The Mean Green are first-best in college football in sacks conceded (zero), and are facing the defense with the 15th-fewest, the Blazers (zero).
- UAB’s defense allows 232.0 yards through the air per game (88th in the FBS). North Texas’ 283.0 passing yards per game is 32nd in college football.
- The Blazers’ defense ranks 71st in yards allowed per game (346.5), while the Mean Green’s offense is 19th in college football at 516.5 yards per game.
- UAB allows 4.2 yards per rushing attempt (79th in the FBS). North Texas is 38th in rushing, averaging 5.1 per carry.
UAB Betting Trends And Insights
- The Blazers are playing as the moneyline favorite for the first time this season.
North Texas Betting Trends And Insights
- The Mean Green have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 13-point underdogs.
- The Mean Green lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
UAB Players To Watch
- This year, Tyler Johnston III has put up 359 passing yards (179.5 yards per game) while going 23-for-35 (65.7% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and three interceptions.
- DeWayne McBride has churned out a team-high 115 rushing yards (57.5 yards per game).
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has 98 yards on 19 carries (49.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Trea Shropshire has five catches and leads the team with 128 yards (128.0 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Gerrit Prince has hauled in four catches for 68 yards (34.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Ryan Davis is averaging 32.5 yards per game, racking up five receptions for 65 yards.
North Texas Players To Watch
- Jace Ruder has thrown for 497 yards while completing 58.3% of his passes (42-of-72), with two touchdowns and four interceptions this year (248.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 13 times for 38 yards, averaging 19.0 yards per game.
- DeAndre Torrey has churned out a team-high 315 rushing yards (157.5 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- Isaiah Johnson has rushed for 59 yards on 17 carries (29.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year. He also has three catches for 32 yards (16.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Roderic Burns has racked up 18 receptions for 255 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 127.5 receiving yards per game.
- Jyaire Shorter has contributed with 107 yards (on six catches).
- Jason Pirtle has racked up 71 yards on seven receptions, averaging 35.5 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.