The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (2-4) and the UConn Huskies (1-7) square off in college football action at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut. The Blue Raiders, listed aton the spread, visit the Huskies, with moneyline odds to win, on October 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. A total of points has been set for the matchup by sportsbooks.
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and break down what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, plus team and player stats.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 22, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Middle Tennessee Vs. UConn Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Middle Tennessee Offense Vs. UConn Defense
|Blue Raiders Offense||Stats (Rank)||Huskies Defense|
|27.2 (78)||Points/Gm||35.0 (115)|
|264.5 (122)||Yards/Gm||433.0 (107)|
|209.2 (89)||Pass Yards/Gm||229.3 (74)|
|55.3 (129)||Rush Yards/Gm||203.8 (120)|
|7.4 (73)||Yards/Pass||7.6 (83)|
|2.5 (126)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (90)|
|28.1% (124)||3rd Down %||7.6% (1)|
|5 (20)||Turnovers||8 (37)|
|11 (95)||Sacks||7 (78)|
UConn Offense Vs. Middle Tennessee Defense
|UConn Offense||Stats (Rank)||Middle Tennessee Defense|
|16.6 (125)||Points/Gm||31.3 (100)|
|277.8 (119)||Yards/Gm||305.0 (20)|
|160.4 (116)||Pass Yards/Gm||170.7 (14)|
|117.4 (101)||Rush Yards/Gm||134.3 (53)|
|4.9 (130)||Yards/Pass||6.7 (39)|
|3.7 (89)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (90)|
|25.6% (128)||3rd Down %||45.8% (118)|
|13 (124)||Turnovers||11 (9)|
|14 (114)||Sacks||8 (64)|
When Middle Tennessee Has The Ball
- The Blue Raiders have a 28.1% third-down conversion rate, 124th in the FBS. The Huskies allow third-down conversions on 7.6% of their opponents’ attempts (first).
- Middle Tennessee has the 78th-ranked offense in the FBS (27.2 points per game), and will be up against UConn’s 115th-ranked defense (35.0 ppg).
- The Blue Raiders average 2.5 yards per carry (126th in college football) compared to the 4.5 per attempt the Huskies allow (90th in the FBS).
- Middle Tennessee’s pass protection has resulted in 11 sacks conceded, 33rd-most in college football. UConn’s defense has totaled seven (50th-fewest).
When UConn Has The Ball
- The Blue Raiders have forced 11 turnovers (ninth-most in the FBS), and the Huskies have committed 13 turnovers (fourth-most in college football).
- UConn averages 160.4 passing yards per game (116th in the FBS). It faces the Blue Raiders’ defense which ranks 14th, giving up 170.7 yards per game through the air.
- The Huskies have the 119th-ranked offense in the FBS in terms of yards per game (277.8), and will be facing a top-10 defense in that category, the No. 20 ranked Blue Raiders (305.0).
- Middle Tennessee’s defense allows 6.7 yards per pass attempt (39th in the FBS). UConn’s offense averages 4.9 yards per pass (130th in college football).
Middle Tennessee Betting Trends And Insights
- Middle Tennessee has a record of just 1-3-1 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, just one of Middle Tennessee’s games has hit the over.
- Middle Tennessee and its opponents have scored a combined total of more than 55.5 points twice this season (in five games).
- The Blue Raiders are playing as the moneyline favorite for the first time this season.
UConn Betting Trends And Insights
- UConn has compiled a 4-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Huskies have been an underdog by 14.5 points or more five times this season, and covered the spread in three of those matchups.
- So far this season, two of UConn’s games have hit the over.
- UConn and its opponents have scored more than 55.5 combined points twice this season.
- The Huskies have been underdogs in five games this season and won one (20%) of those contests.
Middle Tennessee Players To Watch
- Chase Cunningham has thrown for 792 yards while completing 59.6% of his passes (62-of-104), with nine touchdowns and one interception this year (198.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 21 times for 76 yards, averaging 19.0 yards per game.
- Amir Rasul has taken 36 attempts for a team-leading 92 rushing yards (23.0 yards per game).
- This season Jimmy Marshall has 22 catches and leads the team with 312 yards (78.0 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Jarrin Pierce has tacked on 16 catches for 164 yards and three touchdowns this year. He puts up 41.0 receiving yards per game.
- Yusuf Ali has caught eight passes for 115 yards and one touchdown, averaging 38.3 yards per game this year.
UConn Players To Watch
- Steven Krajewski has thrown for 602 yards while completing 56.2% of his passes (54-of-96), with five touchdowns and four interceptions this year (150.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 22 times for 53 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 13.3 yards per game.
- Nathan Carter has picked up a team-high 411 rushing yards (58.7 yards per game) and scored one touchdown.
- So far this year Kevin Mensah has run for 219 yards on 64 carries (27.4 ypg).
- This season Keelan Marion has 18 receptions for a team-high 346 receiving yards (57.7 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jay Rose has also chipped in with nine catches for 155 yards and one touchdown this year. He averages 38.8 receiving yards per game.
- This season Aaron Turner has caught 19 passes for 136 yards, averaging 27.2 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.