Big Ten opponents square off when the Maryland Terrapins (1-0, 0-0 Big Ten) hit the field against the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1, 1-0 Big Ten) at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Illinois. The Terrapins () kick things off on September 17, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET on FS1 against the Fighting Illini ( on the moneyline to win). An over/under of points has been set for the contest by sportsbooks.
Before you make a bet on this game, check out this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to betting trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 8, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Maryland Vs. Illinois Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Maryland Offense Vs. Illinois Defense
|Terrapins Offense||Stats (Rank)||Fighting Illini Defense|
|30.0 (66)||Points/Gm||29.5 (89)|
|495.0 (29)||Yards/Gm||444.5 (106)|
|332.0 (16)||Pass Yards/Gm||256.0 (85)|
|163.0 (63)||Rush Yards/Gm||188.5 (97)|
|9.2 (33)||Yards/Pass||8.0 (95)|
|3.7 (83)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (85)|
|40.0% (62)||3rd Down %||45.2% (96)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||2 (36)|
|2 (53)||Sacks||6 (5)|
Illinois Offense Vs. Maryland Defense
|Illinois Offense||Stats (Rank)||Maryland Defense|
|30.0 (66)||Points/Gm||24.0 (74)|
|369.0 (76)||Yards/Gm||319.0 (49)|
|212.5 (68)||Pass Yards/Gm||277.0 (99)|
|156.5 (67)||Rush Yards/Gm||42.0 (13)|
|6.9 (78)||Yards/Pass||6.9 (71)|
|3.8 (79)||Yards/Rush||2.0 (21)|
|45.2% (44)||3rd Down %||42.9% (88)|
|2 (72)||Turnovers||4 (4)|
|3 (84)||Sacks||3 (37)|
When Maryland Has The Ball
- The Terrapins’ offense ranks 29th in the FBS in yards per game (495.0), while the Fighting Illini rank 106th in yards allowed (444.5).
- Maryland averages 332.0 passing yards per game (16th in the FBS) compared to the 256.0 per game Illinois gives up (85th in college football).
- The Terrapins’ passing attack averages 9.2 yards per pass attempt (33rd in the FBS). The Fighting Illini give up 8.0 per pass (95th in college football).
- Maryland’s pass protection has resulted in two sacks given up, 53rd-fewest in college football. Illinois’ defense has totaled six (fifth-most).
When Illinois Has The Ball
- The Fighting Illini rank 72nd in college football, committing two turnovers this season, while the Terrapins are fourth with four turnovers forced.
- Illinois averages 3.8 yards per carry (79th in college football) compared to the 2.0 per rushing attempt Maryland allows (21st in the FBS).
- The Fighting Illini’s 156.5 rushing yards per game is good for 67th in the FBS. The Terrapins’ defense gives up 42.0 on the ground (13th in college football).
- Illinois’ pass protection has resulted in three sacks conceded, 44th-most in college football. Maryland’s defense has three (37th-most).
Maryland Betting Trends And Insights
- The Terrapins have won their only game this season when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- The Terrapins are the moneyline favorite for the first time this season.
Illinois Betting Trends And Insights
- Illinois has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Illinois’ games have gone over the point total once this year.
- The Fighting Illini have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Maryland Players To Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa leads his team with 332 passing yards (332.0 per game) and has a 72.2% completion percentage (26-of-36), throwing three touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
- Tayon Fleet-Davis has racked up a team-best 123 rushing yards (123.0 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Isaiah Jacobs has 50 yards on 14 carries (50.0 ypg). He also has three catches for 23 yards (23.0 ypg).
- Dontay Demus has six catches and paces his team with 133 receiving yards (133.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Rakim Jarrett has hauled in six catches for 122 yards (122.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
Illinois Players To Watch
- Artur Sitkowski leads the team with 390 passing yards (195.0 yards per game) and has a 59.6% completion percentage this year (34-of-57) while throwing five touchdowns. He also has 37 rushing yards on nine carries, averaging 18.5 yards per game.
- Mike Epstein has 25 attempts for a team-high 107 rushing yards (53.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Reggie Love III has 84 yards on 23 carries (42.0 ypg).
- This season Isaiah Williams has 14 catches and leads the team with 142 yards (71.0 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Deuce Spann has hauled in two catches for 76 yards (38.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Daniel Barker has racked up 74 yards on five receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 74.0 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.