NHS worker on verge of tears after shock discovery in box of McNuggets

A key worker was left hungry and red-faced when he opened his box of nuggets to discover he’d been served a load of gherkins instead.

Stuart, 27, was gutted when he returned home from a late shift to discover the McDonald’s staff had put him in a pickle.

The NHS key worker said he grabbed the food around 10pm but didn’t realise that there’d been a blunder with his large chicken nugget meal until he got home to his home in the West Midlands.

Read more: Allison Hammond shares epic snap of Amanda Holden and fans are loving it

The NHS worker got an unexpected surprise in his nugget meal

NHS worker on verge of tears after shock discovery in box of McNuggets

MyLondon’s brilliant new newsletter The 12 is packed with news, views, features and opinion from across the city.

Every day we’ll send you a free email at around 12pm with 12 stories to keep you entertained, informed and uplifted. It’s the perfect lunchtime read.

The MyLondon team tells London stories for Londoners. Our 45 journalists cover all the news you need – from City Hall to your local streets.

Never miss a moment by signing up to The 12 newsletter here.

Girlfriend Megan Taylor, 25, said: “He’d only just finished work and he was starving on his way home so he grabbed a McDonalds because it was quick.

“But when he got home and opened the box he looked like he could just cry. We couldn’t believe it. At first, I laughed but then I saw his face and I could tell he was gutted.

“He was so hungry and he just wanted to eat his dinner, you don’t expect to open your meal and see a load of gherkins.”

The couple, who are expecting their first baby together, suspect foul play rather than a genuine error was behind the mix-up, pointing to a prank by staff.

NHS worker on verge of tears after shock discovery in box of McNuggets
The man discovered a box of gherkins rather than the nuggets he ordered

“It must be intentional because how can you mistake gherkins for nuggets,” Megan said

“They don’t look anything alike and surely they would have noticed while they were filling the box if it was a mistake.”

The whole incident left the couple with a sour taste.

A spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “We are sorry to hear about this customer’s experience. We would encourage them to contact our Customer Services team who can provide them with further assistance.”

Most Related Links :
Business News Governmental News Finance News

Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.

[charitable_donation_form campaign_id=57167]

Source link

Back to top button