Diners flee packed Nick Nairn restaurant as blaze rips through building

Images have shown huge flames and billowing smoke coming from windows of the restaurant after it caught fire on Saturday night due to faulty equipment, it is reported

A fire has ripped through a restaurant belonging to Nick Nairn in Bridge of Allan

A restaurant owned by celebrity chef Nick Nairn went up in flames as a blaze tore through the building in just 90 seconds with a “full house” of guests running for safety, it is reported.

More than 30 firefighters tackled a “terrible fire” that ripped through Nairn’s restaurant in Bridge of Allan, in Scotland.

Images on social media showed huge flames coming out from windows as shocked people looked on at Nick’s on Henderson Street, in the town close to Sterling.

A piece of equipment is believed to have malfunctioned at the bistro and staff tried to use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze before it became too big and they had to flee.

Nick said: “We had a full house. It happened right in the middle of service. Luckily an off-duty cop and off-duty firefighter were dining with us. They assisted with the evacuation.

Were you at the restaurant on Saturday evening? Email [email protected]

Images on social media show the huge flames blowing out of the windows of the restaurant



Diners were forced to flee from the bistro as the flames got out of control



“Everybody is okay — that’s the main thing. It took hold in 90 seconds. It’s scary how quickly it happened.”

Firefighters were seen battling the blaze while huge plumes of black smoke billow into the sky.

Fire crews were called to the scene at 8.17pm on Saturday and found a “well developed” fire in the kitchen.

Fortunately the celebrity chef has confirmed that nobody was seriously injured in the blaze.

Nairn tweeted: “Just to let you know, terrible fire at Nicks BofA tonight, but thankfully all staff and customers unhurt.

“Huge respect and thanks to the emergency services who were incredible.”

Six fire engines and a command support unit were sent to the scene.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation.

Nick Nairn was fortunately able to report that nobody was injured from the fire



A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We got a call at 8.17pm to a building alight. We sent two crews from Dunblane and Tillicoultry.

“On arrival crews confirmed this was a well developed fire within the kitchen and requested further attendance.”

Further appliances and a command support unit were then sent to the scene.

Most Related Links :
Business News Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button