Residents will have a lot less time on their hands if lockdown regulations are lifted this month.
So here are some time-saving tips to improve your home without needing lots of time, from social media platform Tiktok Genesis Collection have made sure you won’t miss out on trending content and therefore revealed the top 10 TikTok home hacks that are sure to change your life.
- Are you closing your blinds correctly?
Closing your blinds might seem like a simple task to most, if you cannot see out then you cannot see in, right? TikTok user, @kriskoevists has revealed that the way you close your blinds can affect your privacy. When closing venetian blinds, you need to make sure the blinds close downwards as opposed to upwards – it turns out that if you’re an upwards blind closer, passers-by looking up to your second-floor windows could well be seeing you after all!!
Watch the video demonstrating how you how you should be closing your blinds.
- Stubborn stickers be gone
We’ve all been there when it comes to taking a pesky sticker off a window or mirror, it can certainly feel like a losing battle and often ends up with more mess than success. TikTok user @acleanbee has revealed the easiest way to remove stickers completely stress free, with no glue residue left behind!
All you need to do is grab your hair dryer, blast hot air on the sticker to melt the glue behind before grabbing a scraper to gently lift away one of the corners. Once this is lifted, you’ll be able to quickly peel the rest of the sticker off, simple!
Take a look at the video below:
- Don’t let your empty candle jar go to waste!
Candles are a popular home décor choice, yet after they have burned out, they are often discarded. TikTok user @homethirty_one proves why and how you should recycle your jars and you can do this by doing the following:
- Pour boiling water into the finished candle jar.
- Use a scraper to peel off the sticker or leave on for decorative purposes.
- Wait for the wax to rise to the top and allow the water to cool.
- Remove the wax and candle wicks.
- Wash the jar.
- Reuse the jar for whatever you like! (They make for excellent storage!)
Want to have a go yourself? Take a look at this hack in action below:
- Have you been cutting your tape wrong?
Yes, you read right, here’s a hack to make cutting tape, particularly masking tape, that little bit easier and more convenient! TikTok user, @mancrafting has revealed that when you’re ready to tear the tape, all you need to do is fold it under 90 degrees, before tearing along the edge of the roll! This technique will leave you with the tape you are about to use, as well as a visible flap left on the tape roll itself so that you can easily find the end, allowing no wasted time searching (we’ve all been there) – genius!
Watch the video below:
- How to improve the look of your curtains
Revealed by the one and only, Mrs Hinch, this hack has well and truly taken off on TikTok as one of the most shared tips for improving the look of your curtains! Using empty toilet roll tubes, TikTok user, @rightguysaldireviews showcases the technique in full; all you need to do is take your curtains down and place a tube in between each thread of the curtain. Once all weaves have been spaced, simply pop your curtains back up, and voila – gorgeously hung curtains!
Fancy revamping your curtains? Watch the video below:
- Save that paint mess!
No matter what you’re painting, the mess that comes with the job is never appealing. Here TikTok user, @hal.loves shows an easy and simple way to limit the cleaning and mess, whilst also saving money on tray inserts! All you need to do is tie a bin bag around a paint tray and then pour your paint into the tray as you usually would. Use your roller to pick up the paint and proceed to paint your wall or furniture. Once done, unravel the bin bag from the tray and put it in the bin, leaving you with a clean paint tray.
Check out this super simple hack by watching the video below:
- Clothes that smell divine
We all want our clothes to smell delightful and if the tumble dryer can do the work for us, then it’s definitely worth trying! TikTok user, @missmunns demonstrates a popular hack to get your clothes smelling lovely and fresh with the help of your tumble dryer, Tupperware, fabric softener and a sponge! All you need to do is:
- Get the sponge and put it in the Tupperware.
- Add 2 cups of fabric softener.
- Next add 2 cups of water.
- Make sure the sponge is completely covered in the mixture.
- Then put the lid of the Tupperware on and leave it to soak.
- When it’s time for you to use the tumble dryer, ring the sponge and pop it in the dryer with your clothes to achieve dreamy smelling clothing.
Want to give it a try for yourself? Watch the video below:
- Create beautiful décor on a budget
Adding cute features to a room is a great way to make it feel more homely and with this home hack, shared by TikTok user, @makaylann0, you’re sure to do just that! If you are a fan of offering sweet treats to guests, why not display them as part of your décor? Jars of sweets and biscuits are a super popular home trend, but they can be expensive to fill. To make the jar look the part by creating the illusion that it’s full up (meaning less sweets to be bought), all you need to do is put a smaller glass upside down within the big jar and before putting the treats in to sit around the smaller glass, achieving a fuller optical illusion!
Want to try it for yourself? Watch the video below:
- Wanting the best night’s sleep?
Whether you’re an avid napper or value your sleep time at night… who can turn down the offer of your bed smelling like a dream? TikTok user, @mama_mila_ reveals her technique to have the best nights sleep! All you need to do is:
- Vacuum your mattress.
- Add 3-5 drops of essential oil to ½ cup of baking soda.
- Sprinkle the mixture onto the mattress and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your bed linen (swap fabric softener with ½ cup of white vinegar for extra soft sheets).
- Vacuum up the baking soda from the mattress and replace with your fresh bed linen.
If you’re looking to achieve the ultimate sleep, watch the video for yourself and give it a go:
- Revamping your Tupperware
We’ve all been there when it comes to stained Tupperware, it only takes last night’s lasagne to leave the box looking orange and grimy. TikTok user, @adikempler shares a home hack to save all those Tupperware boxes sat in your cupboard! To give your tubs life again, all you do is:
- Get your stained Tupperware box.
- Pour a bit of washing up liquid into the Tupperware.
- Add some warm water.
- Add a few pieces of shredded kitchen roll.
- Pop the Tupperware lid back on.
- Next shake the box vigorously for 45 seconds to a minute.
- Finally rinse out to be left with a sparkling clean Tupperware
Business News Governmental News Finance News